Calvary Community Church has been serving Manteca and the surrounding area for over 50 years. The journey has gone from a rented hall, to a building on Button Avenue to East Union High School, to our permanent home here on Lathrop Road.

Beginning in October 1959, Rev. John Siemens, the pastor of the Calvary Baptist Church of Stockton, led a yearlong weekly Bible study in Manteca, which resulted in the establishment of Calvary Baptist Church. In October 1960, the Stockton church granted papers to 12 of its members to help organize the new church. For three years, the church met in the American Legion Hall and the Seventh Day Adventist Church, before moving to it new building on Button Avenue.

In 1985, the church purchased a 20-acre parcel, anticipating future growth. In October 1985 the church voted to changed its name to Calvary Community Church to better serve the needs of the entire community. Ground was broken at the new Lathrop Road site in October 1992.

In May 1994, Calvary Community Church dedicated its new facilities at 815 W. Lathrop Road, Manteca - its current location. In 2006, an additional five acres behind the church was purchased for additional growth.

We are affiliated with the Conservative Baptist Association of America or CB America (cbamerica.org). Calvary is part of the regional church based network of churches called Next Generation Churches which consists of over 200 churches who are known for their commitment to the Bible. As a church in the Next Generation Network, Calvary is dedicated to the goal of evangelizing the northern part of California and Nevada. Each Next Generation church is completely independent and self-governed. 


Previous Pastors include:

Dr. Carl Truex
1960 – August 1961

Dick Kalebjian
November 1961 – August 1967

Victor Ernst
September 1967 – 1970

Herbert Happel
November 1970 – March 1972

Floyd Overstreet
July 1972 – May 1989

Dennis Henderson
April 1990 – 1997

Dr. Dan Angove
March 2000 – April 2013

Joe Brown
2014 – Present